Children’s Party Assistants
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and friendly candidates to join the zoo children’s party team.
- Parties are on weekends, 1-2 per day. (With the occasional party booked on a Wednesday or Friday afternoon.)
- The hours vary: 9-5pm, 9-1pm or 1-5pm.
- The age range of the children's parties is from 4yrs up to 8yrs.
There is always a minimum of two staff running the parties. The shifts are flexible, so whether you would like to work most weekends, one Saturday a month or an occasional Sunday all applications are welcome. We build a pool of assistants to call on.
For further information and an application form please contact: email@example.com
Retail and Catering Assistants
We are looking for friendly, hard-working and pro-active people to join our Retail and Catering team.
We have Part-Time, Seasonal and Flexible / Zero-Hour Contracts available.
Whether you are looking for something seasonal while you study or something more permanent, we may be the place for you.
A normal day starts at 9am and finishes between 5:30pm and 6:00pm. We are open 7 days a week, all year around.
• Sale of tickets and souvenirs in our admissions and gift shop
• Preparing and serving hot snacks, sandwiches, drinks etc in the zoo café serving hot treats, snacks and drinks
• Displaying shop and café stock
• Providing exceptional customer service
• Maintaining the cleanliness and standards and the zoo's facilities.
• Ensuring the visitors of all ages have a positive experience during their visit.
• Liaise with animal keepers, education and events team.
You must be friendly, confident and approachable. 99% of this role requires is customer service based.
You will be joining our small retail and catering team and will be expected to be involved in a variety of duties.
You should be able to work under pressure during our busy periods.
You should have experience handling cash and cards and training on our tills is available.
Experience within a food service environment is an advantage and a willingness to learn is essential.
This role requires to spend long periods of time on your feet and carrying stock to different locations in the business.
You should live within 1 hour travelling distance and be able to offer a minimum of 2 days a week of availability, with at least one of these days being a weekend.Full flexibility preferred.
How to Apply
Download and complete BOTH Part 1 and Part 2 application forms below.
Return these either by
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
post to Battersea Park Children's Zoo, Battersea Park, London, SW11 4NJ.
Job Type: Part-time - Salary: Minimum Wage dependent on age.
Please 'Download' and save the application to your device before completing.
Application Form - Part 2 - Retail and Catering Assistant
For details on how we process and store your Data, please see the following privacy notice.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS:
please email : email@example.com for work experience and volunteer opportunities. Please note you must be over 18 and studying a zoological / animal management related course and college or university.