Children’s Party Assistants
We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and friendly candidates to join the zoo children’s party team.
- Parties are on weekends, 1-2 per day. (With the occasional party booked on a Wednesday or Friday afternoon.)
- The hours vary: 9-5pm, 9-1pm or 1-5pm.
- The age range of the children's parties is from 4yrs up to 8yrs.
There is always a minimum of two staff running the parties. The shifts are flexible, so whether you would like to work most weekends, one Saturday a month or an occasional Sunday all applications are welcome. We build a pool of assistants to call on.
For further information and an application form please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retail and Catering Assistants
We are looking for friendly, hard-working and pro-active applicants to join our Retail and Catering Team.
We have a range of different contracts available – zero-hours, seasonal, part-time – so whether you are looking for something seasonal while you study, or something more permanent, then we could be the place for you!
A typical day starts at 9am and finishes between 5.30-6.00pm in summer, and slightly earlier between 4.30-5.00pm in winter. We are also open 7 days a week, all year round.
You will be joining our small Retail and Catering Team and will be expected to be involved in a variety of duties such as:
- The sale of tickets, toys and souvenirs in our admissions/gift shop;
- The preparation and serving of hot snacks, drinks and sandwiches in the zoo’s ‘Lemon Tree Café’;
- Displaying and rotating stock in both the shop and café;
- Providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that visitors of all ages have a positive experience throughout their visit;
- Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the zoo’s facilities at all times.
You must be welcoming, helpful and approachable as this job is primarily customer-facing and based around excellent customer service.
You should have experience processing cash and card payments – training on our tills will be provided upon your induction session.
Experience within a food handling environment is an advantage but a willingness to learn is essential.
You should be able to work under pressure during our busy periods and be willing to be active throughout the day – this role requires you to spend long periods of time on your feet and to carry stock to different locations on site.
You should be able to offer a minimum of 2 days per week availability, with at least one of these days being a weekend.
How to Apply
Download and complete BOTH Part 1 and Part 2 application forms below.
Return these either by
email to email@example.com
post to Battersea Park Children's Zoo, Battersea Park, London, SW11 4NJ.
Job Type: Part-time - Salary: Minimum Wage dependent on age.
Please 'Download' and save the application to your device before completing.
Application Form - Part 2 - Retail and Catering Assistant
For details on how we process and store your Data, please see the following privacy notice.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS:
please email : firstname.lastname@example.org for work experience and volunteer opportunities. Please note you must be over 18 and studying a zoological / animal management related course and college or university.