Opportunities in Retail & Catering
The Retail Supervisor is primarily responsible for the organisation and supervision of all retail activity personnel, so ensuring the smooth and efficient management of the Zoo’s shop, admission counters and the café operation in the absence of the Café supervisor.
Some of the duties of the Retail Supervisor is as follows:
- The supervision, training and motivation of all Retail and Catering staff.
- The control and safekeeping of cash and stock.
- The organisation and implementation of all retail staff rotas.
- Ensuring all areas under your control are clean and tidy at all times (including visit toilets).
- Promoting the Zoo’s policy of quality customer care and ensuring we provide a courteous, efficient and helpful service to the public.
- Dealing with queries and complaints in a positive manner.
- Liaising at all times with other senior management personnel.
- Ordering, taking delivery and overseeing the stock levels.
- Ensure all Health and Hygiene, Health and Safety and COSHH regulations are observed, understood and implemented and that records are maintained and all staff are trained to the basic level of Health and Hygiene in food areas.
- Deputising when required, for other senior managers.
- Overseeing the Cafe in the absence of the Catering Supervisor
We will consider all applicants for this position, however some the following is desirable:
- Experience working within Retail, Catering or Leisure.
- Experience working as a Supervisor or similar position.
- Can work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent team player and role model, willing to get involved in other duties.
- Excellent communication skills with team members and the general public (Including children).
This position is Full-Time, 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7. This includes weekends and Bank Holiday. Salary - £17,500 per annum + 28 Days Holiday (Inc. Bank Holidays).
To apply, please email your interest to Del Ryan below, you will receive a reply between 1-3 days with instructions on how to complete you application. Closing date is the 27/07/2018.
We are always on the lookout for great people to join our fun and friendly Zoo team over our busy school holidays and weekends. If you are someone that's great with people and have a willingness to get stuck in, then please make an enquiry to the email below for more information:
Careers with wildlife
If you are considering working with animals there are many different employment opportunities available. A good place to start looking is on the British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) or Association of British and Irish Wild Animal Keepers (ABWAK) websites: