Retail and Catering Supervisor
Battersea Park Children's Zoo, Battersea Park London SW11 4NJ
Full Time -Permanent – 40 hours per week -weekends and Bank Holidays on rota.
Battersea Park Children's Zoo is a family run zoo based in the iconic surroundings of London's Battersea Park.
Job Role -
- The primary role of this position is to ensure the café, retail shop and admissions at the zoo run efficiently and smoothly so our visitors have a happy experience throughout their visit.
You will need to have:-
- Previous retail experience essential to organise all aspects of our small gift shop and admissions.
- The personality and positive manner to be a role model for our junior and seasonal staff.
- Maintaining and overseeing the cleanliness of the zoo’s facilities.
- Rotating/displaying shop stock and re-ordering when required
- Experience in “cashing up” and use of tills.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential to deal with our visitors and any arising complaints.
- An ability to work under pressure during our busy times.
- Awareness of all health and safety compliance requirements.
- The ability to work as part of a small team co-ordinating with animal, education, and event staff.
- Some experience in food preparation and the importance/regulations of food safety.
- An interest in running and overseeing the café, admissions, and gift shop in the absence of the Catering/Retail Manager
- An ability to encourage and train junior staff to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation.
Experience in a similar senior position is desirable.
Please send recent cv to Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms will be emailed by return.