Retail and Catering Manager
Battersea Park Children's Zoo, Battersea Park London SW11 4NJ
Full Time -Permanent – 40 hours per week -weekends and Bank Holidays on rota.
Battersea Park Children's Zoo is a family run zoo based in the iconic surroundings of London's Battersea Park.
Job Role -
- To improve and maintain the smooth efficient running of the retail shop and catering establishment at the Zoo and ensuring visitors to the have a positive experience.
- Previous retail management experience essential to organise all aspects of our small gift shop and admissions and takeaway.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Team management and motivation including good relations with all staff.
- Instructing staff in order to promote excellent levels of customer service.
- Ensuring the Zoo is reaching its sales potential.
- Maintaining stock levels varying with the seasons.
- Labour control.
- Product research and maximising good discounts on products.
- Promoting good relationships with suppliers.
- Experience in epos systems.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential to deal with our visitors and any arising complaints.
- An ability to work under pressure during our busy times.
- Awareness of all health and safety compliance requirements and ensuring the departments are compliant.
- The ability to work as part of a small team co-ordinating with animal, education, and event staff.
- Work with the HR Manager in recruiting retail & catering staff
Please send recent cv to Zoe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms will be emailed by return.